Today I made four larger pumpkins, which filled the annealer and pretty much emptied the pot. Afterward, I turned off the furnace, which will now cool from 2100F to around 50F over the next week or so. The furnace is very well insulated, so it takes a long time to cool.
Once shut off, I need to attend the lid that cracked and trim it to fit the steel frame more securely. I plan to modify the current lid (assuming the crack is not too bad) as well as the spare lid I made last year as both were made to the same size, which is definitily too long. Afterward, I plan to restart the furnace in the last half of November, unless the weather is really horrid.